81 Days to Halloween! Halloween Sweets and Treats Vol. 1

Seasonal treats can be so much fun to make and experiment with.  Finding sweats to make with the little ones can be more of a trick than a treat though.  Here are some of my favorite Pinterest finds that should be fairly easy to accomplish:

 
Candy coated pumpkins.  All you need is a package of Orange Wilton Candy Melts, some green icing and pretzels.  I always melt my candy in a microwave safe bowl on half power (or defrost) in the microwave and stir every 30 seconds to a minute.  Insert a pretzel stick in one end and dunk in the melted candy.  Lay on waxed paper or a cooling rack to harden.  I place mine in the fridge or freezer for 10-15 minutes for faster drying.  Pipe on some little leaves and all set.

 
Candy center piece.  I have been in love with this since the first time I saw it.  Take a large vase and start layering with your favorite Halloween candy.  This would be great for other holidays as well.


 
From Parents.com 
Green ice cream cones decorated with some black icing gel to look like Frankenstein.  Add pretzels in the sides for his bolts, and use a little white icing to glue on candy like M&M's for eyes.  Fill up with tasty snacks and it becomes a great party treat, or classroom treat.

 
From Taste of Home.  Marshmallow witches.  Use a large marshmallow for the face and pipe on eyes and nose with chocolate icing.  Use chocolate cookies of your choice for the hat brim, and attach to the top of the marshmallow with icing.  A mini Reese cup and Hershey Kiss finish the hat.
 
What are your favorite Halloween sweets and treats to make?  I will post an additional blog with more in the coming weeks. 
 
All photos are from items I have pinned to my Pinterest page and are not mine.  If you are the owner of the photos above and wish these be removed, please email me and I will do so right away, or link if you would like.  I'm not claiming rights to these, simply showing some of my favorite ideas!
 
 
Until next time...
Amy~The Dixie Diva

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days of Holiday Inspiration 2013

Planning an Organized Home - Part 1 - Chore Charts

Organized Home: Spring Cleaning